You may have heard of Tom Holloway, a Florida e-cigarette vaper who liked to tinker with his modded e-cig, raising its voltage to get it to produce more vapor. Well, he’ll think twice before attempting to disassemble and modify his e-cigarettes in the future because one of his “inventions” literally blew him away. Mr Holloway has since been released from the hospital with a few burns and a broken tooth, but other vapers should learn from his mistakes, and the risks associated with short-circuiting or overloading any kind of battery. The Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association commented on the exploding e-cig mod incident, saying “The Electronic Cigarette has been in the U.S. market since late 2007. Since that time there have been multi-millions of units sold with billions and billions of uses without the report of a single similar incident. The electronic cigarette is simply composed of a low wattage lithium battery that is attached to a cartridge that generally contains propylene glycol, glycerol, nicotine water and differing flavors.” Just like with any electronic gadget, users shouldn’t open and toy with various internal components that may be dangerous when mishandled. Even a common “AA” battery may explode when short-circuited or heated and the same goes for batteries used inside e-cigarettes. TVECA would also like to remind e-cigarette users that these devices may only be sold to those 18 years of age or older, and like any other tobacco product, may not be used by minors. Electronic cigarettes like the award-winning V2 Cig are safe for normal use and each V2 e-cigarette passes rigorous factory testing and quality control before being shipped to the customer.